As COVID-19, the coronavirus, begins to have an increased impact, Davis-Hawn is taking this virus very seriously. The health and safety of our associates, customers, and communities are of utmost importance to us as we remain committed to providing uninterrupted service.
We are realistic though, and we cannot predict the future. We do not know if there will be a mandated shutdown, nor do we know where COVID-19 may show itself next, how bad it will be, or how many people it will affect. These are all things that can affect any of our businesses.
The situation seems to change minute by minute, but as of now, we are able to provide the materials that are still being ordered at a rapid pace. You, our customer, are still busy and we intend to keep up with you. Like everyone else, we are monitoring the situation closely, and the main message I want you to receive is that as long as it’s safe, we’re going to keep operating.
Finally, we are not going to live in fear of what we cannot control. We are going to control what God has given us control over, and we’re going to trust that He is sovereign and will see us all through this. Thank you for your business.
Grace & Peace
Our store is Open for Business, however in an attempt to keep everyone safe and healthy, we are asking that customers please consider placing orders remotely by the following options:
- Phone (214) 946-8133
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Contact Form
If you do come into the yard, we have taken the following steps.
- We have strongly advised all employees to stay home if they feel ill or show respiratory symptoms or fever. We have committed to additional paid administrative leave for our employees that may be affected by this virus.
- Increasing cleaning frequency of our facilities, with cleaning supplies readily available across all work spaces and common areas. This includes enhanced cleanings an additional 3x daily of bathrooms, sales counters, credit card terminals, counter sales phones and printers, doorknobs, and other public facing devices.
- Encouraging frequent hand washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
We have also…
- Cancelled or postponed all sales meetings, events or gatherings.
- Asked our drivers to minimize contact on sites. Drivers will continue to take pictures of delivered loads, but will not request signatures on site.
- Curtailed business travel to industry and association events.
- Cancelled all supplier appointments.
“I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.”
Martin Luther in letter “Whether one may flee from a Deadly Plague” written to Rev. Dr. John Hess